Thursday 1 December 2011

It was the best glitch in the world...

Posted by The Control Room on 16:00

Here's another of Valhalla's WoW updates. I know, I haven't done one in a while, but to be honest nothing much has happened recently. My internet connection is so poor that I can't even do Heroic dungeons or raids. Yes, it really does suck. So, I do what I can with what I have and I make do with what's available to me. I'm not a huge fan of PvP, I much prefer the whole PvE thing, but as I can't do anything other than Battlegrounds, I have little choice by to start up PvP. As a result, I've been working hard to build a season 10 armour set so that I can at least do a decent job when it comes to kicking Horde ass (you heard me, I'm Alliance. Come at me, Hordie). All I've really been up to is the usually trotting along the snowy roads of Azeroth. I figured you guys might like to know what I've been doing in Azeroth, so here it goes. 





I've only been able to play properly today and yesterday, every other time I've only been able to log on for a half hour or so before more homework has to be done or some such abomination. Wednesday and Thursday night, however, was reserved for some hardcore Warcrafting. With Patch 4.3 downloading, I grabbed myself a mug of warm milk (yeah, totally manly) and sat myself down, knowing that I wouldn't be moving for quite some time. This, is Wednesday night with Findor.



I logged on, excited about chatting with my guild again. Well, I say chatting, but they don't really talk to me much, I guess it's because I'm new to the guild, they don't really seem to care. My old guild was much better for chatting (but they didn't like me much), but you have to make do with what you have. I said a merry good evening to my guild and received some grumbled "hi"'s in response. They went back to nattering about other things pretty fast. I decided that tonight was a night for gear gathering, and although I knew that I'd probably only get one piece that evening, I was determined. After all, the fact that I can't do Heroics and such means that my Item Level is a mere 341, which is pretty poor for a level 85. As a result, I started queueing up for random BG's, ready to slaughter some enemy players. I worked long and hard, but I was finally able to afford the best helmet I've ever had. Just look at it - the definition of awesome. 

Anyway, I just wanted to show off my new helmet as I'm rather proud of it. Now to get to what this post is all about - the best glitch in the world. 

Yesterday, I went to the Ruins of Gilneas. As a regular victim of lag, I was bound to experience difficulties at some point in the evening. As my friend and I were flying to Gilneas I was suddenly hit by a massive wave of lag that lasted several minutes. After a little while I was sure that the lag was gone and things were back to normal - after all I could message other players and the like - so I continued on my way. When I reached Gilneas I dismounted so that I could enjoy the city and explore the ruins further - it's like the ancient history of Azeroth. It was then that something strange began to happen. Aspect of the Cheetah wasn't activated, yet I was running incredibly fast and my arms were bent in an odd manner. I found it amusing and ignored what was happening. It was only when my character jumped that I realized something was up. I hit the spacebar and all of a sudden I began to fly. I was flying without a mount. I mean, my mount was activated by it wasn't visible. It felt amazing, swimming through the sky, floating around the abandoned buildings. It certainly was the best glitch in the world and my favourite. 

After a while, I got bored and decided to log out. When I logged back in I was all the way back at Ironforge. Turns out that the game hadn't even registered my arrival at Gilneas. No matter, it was such an awesome thing to happen that I felt I should share it with you guys. Here are some pictures of me flying through the skies of Gilneas. 








As a side note, I plan on creating a beginners guide to WoW on the blog, something brief yet helpful to new players. Also, look out for the Gamers Dictionary which is currently under development and will always be added to. Hope you guys enjoyed the mini update, our next post is on Saturday so stay tuned! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site