Tuesday 3 April 2012

I Like to Move it Move it... Like a Jedi?

Posted by The Control Room on 14:52

  Today marks an important day in the development of a Galaxy Far Far Away. For today is not only the 94th day of the year (don't say we never teach you anything) but it is also the day that Kinect Star Wars is released, something I feel many people will have been waiting for, for many years.

  The idea of being able to Use The Force whilst wielding a lightsaber excites the inner child in me, and indeed my adult ultimate fantasy. (On another note my dedication to the Star Wars world is show by the fact that 'lightsaber' isn't even corrected by spell check any more...)
  The most common case with Kinect games is that they are made up of several different 'mini-game' modes, but this one seems to have a sightly bigger campaign mode to work towards. The research I have done on trials of the game seem to indicate that the kinetic technology ultimately slightly lets down the whole ambiance of the game, but it is important to remember that while your fingers on a controller only have a few centimeters to move in a second on a controller it takes a full arm a few more seconds to conduct the movement required. 
  It seems generally speaking that the game has been a success although it has features which may aggravate the inpatient, it seems to have redeemed itself with its racing mini games. Ahh yes dear reader, for they have not only allowed us to fight like a Jedi, but also to acquire the perks of one, I'm talking pod racing, droid control, and a choice of ship. The game also has an option to join forces with friends in a co-op or duel mode, ensuring that friends can easily jump in and out of the action. 
  In all, there is much to be excited about over this game, but the platform its designed for is just not doing it justice, but there is one thing we can be certain of, this game has been predicted to be a success, and for good reason, there's is a lot that will appeal to any faithful member of the Republic (or indeed the Sith). I mean who wouldn't want to work out like Obi Wan Kenobi?

3 comments:

I want this game. I really do. Although, I have heard that it has dance sequences in it, such as Han Solo dancing. Is this true?

Great first post, Poppy!

I can assume your talking about this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnDizZ7UT0&sns=em
My answer is simply I don't know, My brain screams at me 'FAAAAAKE. FAKE FAKE FAKE.' but my heart screams 'BE REAL!'

Poppy

Upon further investigation, it appears you are able to dance as one of the mini games...

Awesome

Poppy

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site